Tuesday 13 September 2011

Top 3 Ads that Piyush Pandey created- Story from www.afaqs.com


PIYUSH PANDEY
Executive Chairperson and Creative Director, Ogilvy South Asia
The three best ads in public opinion should be the Cadbury's Dairy Milk, Fevi Kwik and Asian Paints.
On Cadbury (Year 1994; Agency: Ogilvy)


I remember those were the days when the idea of adults eating chocolates was being pushed. On a visit to Disneyland and seeing two 80-year olds there reminded me of how the child within you always comes back.
In this TVC, a batsman hits a ball in the air. As the spectators, including his beloved (with a Dairy Milk in her hand), worry that the ball will be caught by the fielder, it sails over the boundary. The excited girlfriend catches everyone by surprise as she runs into the ground breaking into an impromptu jig.
I wrote this ad on my way back in the flight on my boarding pass.
Clutter-breaking factor: Age is no bar for chocolate.
Fevi Kwik (Year: 1998; Agency: Ogilvy)
I was in a regional board meeting in Bangkok. Numbers - that least interested me - were being discussed and I was busy taking notes. That is when I hit upon the fishing idea. Taking a break, I took Ranjan Kapur aside and shared the idea with him asking him what he thought of it.
The film showed a suave looking man being disturbed by a loud South Indian while fishing. The latter, nonchalantly, puts three drops of Fevi Kwik on a piece of wood that he dips in the water and, much to the amazement of the tired-looking fisherman, pulls out four fish stuck to the wood. The ad put forward the Chutki Mein Chipkaye proposition of the brand. And it stuck in minds.
Clutter-breaking factor: New meaning to the word Catch.
 Asian Paints (Year: 2002; Agency: Ogilvy)
This ad was written at a time when we just moved in to our new apartment. My wife designed the interior and the thought used in the ad was on the back of my mind all the time. Every house owner is always very proud of it. It is very personal.
This film featured a mosaic of shots of a home where lives a loving family. A voiceover said how every home speaks a lot about who stays within introducing the Har Ghar Kuch Kehta Hai proposition of the brand.
Clutter-breaking factor: The personal touch of a house-owner.

No comments:

Post a Comment